Reply To: Downgrade to Club EuropeCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Food and drink Downgrade to Club Europe Reply To: Downgrade to Club Europe

alexlondon
Participant

I wrote on another post tonight that I was generally pleased with improvement to catering on BA Club Europe. I have since disembarked from a flight ATH-LHR (one of the longest BA segments) and understand that the savoury appetiser course has now been dropped – so there is to be no difference between the catering on most flights of 2 hours or more apart from an upgraded snack with the drink – a larger pack of pretzels or some cheese straws (although nicely packaged). I am really disappointed. I was disappointed when BA stopped serving starters about five years ago on these routes and replaced with canapes but, now, there is really so little distinction between flying Economy and Club. No menu either. I can’t understand how this makes business sense. I am one of the rare ones who keeps flying business in Europe – however much it doesn’t make sense. But it really is becoming impossible to justify it now with BA. What a shame! Even ignoring the ‘hard product,’ BA should look at the superior ‘soft’ product (ie food) offered on the longer European flights by Aegean, Turkish and others and recognise it is now totally un-competitive.
By the way, has everyone else noticed that the offer of a complimentary GQ, Economist or Esquire (or equivalent for the ladies) has also been withdrawn in Club Europe recently?