Reply To: Have you ever travelled abroad for medical treatment?

Back to Forum

JasonMyers
Participant

I have had many medical treatments in Thailand having lived in Asia for 28 years now and would recommend the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ahead of any other hospital in Asia for conventional treatments.

However, what I wish to report on is my mothers treatment in Spain (where she lives) and Thailand, she has been suffering with a liver condition for several years called Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis which has been a terrible downward spiral for her health and quality of life. Last year we were advised that if she did not have a liver transplant soon, she would die within a year, which was agreed on second opinion, when she was taken into hospital coughing up blood.

Finding a hospital willing to do a transplant for a 71 year old is not easy but not impossible, out of 16 hospitals around the world that we applied to (including China) only one replied in Singapore saying they would consider this but at a minimum cost of $400,000.

I have personally had some holistic treatment at a centre in Thailand where they also have a stem cell clinic and we spoke to the doctors there. They planned a series of treatments using holistic, Ozone Oxygen to kill infections and inflammation, massage and of course stem cells injected by IV and directly into the liver, over the course of two weeks. They also arranged excellent accommodation at a serviced apartment opposite the clinic at very convenient rates where we all stayed during the treatment (Spacious modern 2 bedroom apartment for 4,900 Baht a night £100 approx.).

Mum has now gone back to Spain with her liver rejuvenated, is getting stronger every day, no more uncontrollable itching which had taken over her life and conventional doctors had no treatment for and is now getting her quality of life back. Friends and family cannot believe the transformation and how well she looks, I am so relieved as this was a horrible situation, like everyone I did not want to lose my mother.

From start to finish the treatment was the best I have ever seen anywhere, the medical staff and nurses really cared and all at a cost of $30,000 much less costly than a liver transplant and much less invasive!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls