Reply To: Have you ever travelled abroad for medical treatment?Create Topic

Home Forums Other Health Have you ever travelled abroad for medical treatment? Reply To: Have you ever travelled abroad for medical treatment?

petrocs
Participant

Thailand has always treated me well.
Bangkok is somewhat cheaper than the UK and much, much better
If you can get out of Bangkok and avoid one or two larger tourist resorts, eg Pattaya, Phuket, you will find some superb facilities AND prices. My wife and I go to Khon Kaen in the NE for 3 to 4 months every year.
I am uninsurable and have had a couple of ‘enforced’ hospital visits. in one case I had been ‘under investigation’ at a major hospital by where I live in the UK. After 3 visits and several tests the NHS didn’t know what was wrong.
I was already booked to go to Thailand and after a couple of days there I went to the main hospital in the city. In two hours and 4 tests and an ultrasound later, they diagnosed what was wrong and treated me!!
By the way all that lot cost me about £45.
My other visit was also first class and successful.
The hospital was clean, the nurses were uniformed and spotless, and the doctors seem to be excellent and spoke English well.

My wife and I always get our dental work done, and eyes and glasses done there too.