Reply To: Recommendation for personal hotspot for UK visitorCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Technology Recommendation for personal hotspot for UK visitor Reply To: Recommendation for personal hotspot for UK visitor

IanFromHKG
Participant

I am going over to the UK next week and staying in a place with no Internet access. I would like to set up a personal hotspot so we can run our various devices. My previous attempt to do this with my iPhone 5 (in France) was an utter and dismal failure, despite the fact it works perfectly on my home network in HK (and yes, I do have a roaming data package, so that wasn’t the problem). Because I am concerned that I may face the same problem in the UK (and my roaming data package is a fairly steep fifteen quid a day) I am wondering if it is possible that I can rent a device to create a personal hotspot in the UK (I am flying into Heathrow T3). The device would have to operate off a mobile network (4G ideally) and create a local wireless network, since we will be connecting iPads and iPods as well as a laptop. Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations?