Reply To: Ideal for Y: New 11″ MacBook AirCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Technology Ideal for Y: New 11″ MacBook Air Reply To: Ideal for Y: New 11″ MacBook Air

CMBurchhardt
Participant

Try the new Samsung Galaxy slate. I use both iPAD and Samsung slates, both have good positive things about them which make me choose these 2 items over a lap top (when on the go).

A lot has been spoken about the iPAD and I am still a big fan, esepcially for presentation purposes. Where the Galaxy slate excels is the ease in which off line data transfer can take place from memory cards and chips. It integrates well if you use microsoft (although there is still a diary synch problem with outlook).

With the attachable keyboard, it makes report writing on the move far more comfortable with out the need of carrying a laptop.

It wont satisfy everyone, but tablets seem to be taking over more and more. Its also noticable that back at base, lap tops are replacing the PC’s. Nearing the top end of 40, I see how the youngsters use the technology, its not the best way to learn, its the only way to learn!

“chalk and slate” – very appropriate!