Reply To: iPad: What Do You Think?Create Topic

Home Forums Other Technology iPad: What Do You Think? Reply To: iPad: What Do You Think?

GlobalTravellerTom
Participant

Firstly I must say I do admire most Apple products. I am about to purchase a new macbook pro and am very tempted by the iMac for the house. I also could not live without my iTouch.

That said the iPad is just an expensive digital photo frame. Apple fanboys are great at hyping up any product Apple release.

The iPhone for example is not a smartphone. It is a fashion must have, but not a smartphone. How can it be smart? It can only do one thing at a time. Even the new iPad lacks the multi function powers of even the most standard of current mobile devices.

The battery claims are laughable given the fact your meant to watch videos, listen to music and work on it. Then they claim it will be the best web browsing we have ever had. Yet it does not support Flash?

I do not doubt that tablets, slates, pad etc will be the way forward, but the fact is Apple have not invented something new. They have not delivered any new technology, infact they have turned out old technology (just like the iPhone) and the web has done the rest for them.

I read a comment on a blog which summed things up very well. ” To buy an iPad would prove you can put a price on stupidity”.