Reply To: iPad: What Do You Think?

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Agree with VK about the name – I thought it was going to be iSlate.

I’ve been using Macs since the days of the SE2/20 in the early 90s so I’m a big fan. Currently we have a MacPro, an iMac, a MacMini, two MacBookPros and 2 iPhones. They’re great for connectivity and for syncing data, and I had high hopes for the tablet, with a view to early acquisition.

However, I agree with others above – I’m not really sure what it’s underlying purpose is. It seems to me to be a cross between a big iPhone (minus the voice call ability) and a big iPod Touch.

I note from the US apple site that it’ll come out in a wi-fi version and a wi-fi/3G version. I just wonder, with the latter, how things will be arranged with 3G network operators. Will we be able to extend our current iPhone packages to include the iPad? Will we have to take out a further expensive communications package? What is the real point of having it 3G enabled? What does the iPad actually offer over and above the iPhone, except a bigger screen? etc, etc.

I love Apple and always have. Jobs is a genius. However, this product is a bit odd in terms of its target. Their product video is also over the top. I think to say it’ll revolutionise the way we live is going a bit far.

Sorry – I’m rambling a bit here. Suffice it to say that I don’t really know what it’s actually for and what value it adds to the user.

Simon

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls