Reply To: What I hate about wifi

Back to Forum

Isabel07
Participant

this is a brilliant summary of the consequences of totally inmature technologies to nowadays typical, frequent, business travellers: people like you and me travel: all the time, for business, across national borders, and we want to see enablement of our working needs! I am sure you agree there is economic logic behind this developments, even if its without considering the need of the customer: hotels need to make money and with increasing competition on room rates between them they simply try to recoup some profit from added-on services. now, in Europe – unlike the US for examples – the main markets have not demanded free WiFi – hence they can charge for it. unless you are committed to the few ones (as you suggest Radisson) there seem to be enough people around happy to pay for WIFI.
I can- in that case an advantage – leverage the service agreements of a large organisation, that has subscribed to “iPass”. i find this extremely valuable, as it covers most locations you generally travel to, across network providers, service providers and/or WiFi providers. it has a worldwide network of locations (including major hotel chains) where it pre-negotiated rates and those are available free of charge for subscribers. Don’t ask me what our company pays for this subscription, but it’s effortless for me.
still, i agree with you that wireless internet access should be available as clean water in public washrooms. only market forces (multiply you & myself by millions) can trigger that change.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls