Reply To: Tumi luggage – what’s the big deal?

Back to Forum

stevescoots
Participant

I used an eminett case from HK market for about 30 quid for almost 8 years, 4 long haul sectors per month before it finally gave up the ghost, it now houses part of my vinyl singles collection. At the same time I went through various rucksacks at the rate of one every 6 months.
I then moved onto Samsonite for my hold luggage and the first lasted 3 years before, again TSA decided to destroy the zips to get in, despite it having TSA locks on. Bought another Samsonite and at the same time bought a Samsonite wheeled laptop bag. As the junk I carry gets more and more, and needed space to stash my duty free I bought another rucksack, Tumi. On the basis I had one many years ago that lasted years before being stolen from a hotel room in the UK.
As the eminett and Samsonite proves, often it does not matter if its low or high cost, you are in the lap of the gods once you hand it over to baggage handlers and security.

So for carry on I go high end as they have a lot more personal abuse on a daily basis. On hold I go mid range

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls