Reply To: A380 – white elephant or the future?

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

Conc001, I think you might be wrong on a number of fronts there.

You point about A380’s not going in to 90% of airports, means they can go in to 10% and that number is growing. Airports will make sure they can accomodate an A380 if they are physically able as they want/need the business and the prestige. The same argument as yours was was put forward in 1970 about the 747.

The A380 was not actually a French idea, although it was led by the French and Germans.

Americans tend not to like anyone threatening the dominance of Boeing….think Concorde, think A380. Both fantastic machines, just as the B747 was….yes, was.

I don’t buy in to the A380 being scrapped theory, they will get bigger (as the 747 did) and they will take more and more pax. I can see in twenty years 12 across, with paper thin composite seats in economy for high density flights and the LoCo,s buying them. Flights such as London/Paris, Melbourne/Sydney, Hong Kong/Beijing. Anything up to around the 3 hour mark.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls