Reply To: A380 – white elephant or the future?

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

I have to say that I was mightily impressed with the 380, and would, given the choice, opt to fly on it rather than any other aircraft. Why, because it is quieter, smoother and in EK’s case roomier. Even when flying in Y. My top tip is to try and book seats in the lower front cabin on EK’s Y 380 services.
But, like Martyn and others, if the in-flight cabin experience is woeful, it doesn’t matter what type of aircraft you’re in. And I’m not talking about the hard product. The 380 experience I had was with Emirates, and I’d score the service at an acceptable 7, yet the Emirates staff on the 777 flights scored an 8/9 and made that flight memorable.
With TK , the pre take-off distribution of Turkish delight is a wonderful touch, especially when the bloke smiled and offered me a 2nd piece after seeing my eyes light up at the sight of some candy. I felt quite the opposite when the young lass between IST & EDI thrust the “offending candy” in my face as if it was a chore she had to do !
It’s not the plane, but the people who make or break a flight.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls