Reply To: Current rulings relating to EU Rule 261/2004Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Current rulings relating to EU Rule 261/2004 Reply To: Current rulings relating to EU Rule 261/2004

IanFromHKG
Participant

basslines66, I wish I had seen your post before so I could have looked up some of the information. What I have beenb able to dfind out is that there is no US equivalent of EU261 (which won’t apply in your case since the flight doesn’t originate in the EU and you aren’t on an EU carrier), but United do have some information on their website (http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/policy/Pages/FlightDelaysandCancellations.aspx):

Delays or cancellations within United’s control

For issues within United’s control, such as required maintenance or lack of crew availability, the following amenities may be offered, depending on the length of delay:

Depending upon the duration of the delay, we may offer food and beverages where available. Snack or meal vouchers may be offered in locations where a beverage cart is not available.
For delays that exceed 4 hours, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., customers in a connecting city may be offered complimentary hotel accommodations depending on the amount of time involved and the location of the hotel. Hotel accommodations may not be provided if transportation is offered to or from a nearby airport.
Delays or cancellations that are not within United’s control
For issues not within United’s control, such as inclement weather or air traffic control problems, the following amenities may be offered, depending on the length of delay:

“Delays or cancellations within United’s control

For issues within United’s control, such as required maintenance or lack of crew availability, the following amenities may be offered, depending on the length of delay:

Depending upon the duration of the delay, we may offer food and beverages where available. Snack or meal vouchers may be offered in locations where a beverage cart is not available.
For delays that exceed 4 hours, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., customers in a connecting city may be offered complimentary hotel accommodations depending on the amount of time involved and the location of the hotel. Hotel accommodations may not be provided if transportation is offered to or from a nearby airport.

Delays or cancellations that are not within United’s control

For issues not within United’s control, such as inclement weather or air traffic control problems, the following amenities may be offered, depending on the length of delay:

If you have to stay overnight, we may be able to give you a distressed passenger rate voucher for a nearby hotel. These discounted rates, when available, will often be lower than those you would receive if you were to contact the hotel directly. Your accommodations will be at your own expense.”