Reply To: Is there any need for a pre-flight safety briefing from cabin crew?Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Is there any need for a pre-flight safety briefing from cabin crew? Reply To: Is there any need for a pre-flight safety briefing from cabin crew?

SimonS1
Participant

Whilst the points raised are valid I think there is a risk of overreaction.

Despite several incidents I don’t recall a single fatality on a British airline or a flight to/from the UK for some time. Wherever there has been an incident people have been safely evacuated with limited injuries. So current procedures are clearly effective.

Of course complacency should be avoided and there is always room for improvement but there certainly won’t be a knee jerk reaction in my personal travelling habits.

What I do feel is this is another wake up call to control the level of baggage entering airline cabins so lockers are not chock full of heavy bags which through human nature people will be tempted to take with them on leaving (I did read that 48 hours after the LAS incident people had not been reunited with their belongings….).