Reply To: Kindles are now computers!

Back to Forum

Henkel.Trocken
Participant

Well at least according to the security goons in T1 on a recent trip.

Several weeks ago passing through T1 I put my kindle in a box to be screened separately and my laptop in another. One of the less friendly goons asked if I didn’t know the difference between a kindle and a laptop and told me in no uncertain terms not to pull out the kindle for separate screening.

Fast forward three weeks and again I find myself at T1. I pulled out my laptop but left my kindle in my bag. The goons were in overdrive that morning pulling about 80% of bags for secondary screening all done by one person so the wait at the time I was there was about fifteen minutes, not good enough in a fast track lane.

Almost every bag that was pulled had liquids in it and they were bagged, everything in the bag swabbed and then re-xrayed and the person told exactly why their bag had been pulled.

Finally they got to mine and I went through the same rigmarole, I was puzzled as there was nothing in it that shouldn’t have been. So my explanation was that I should have taken my kindle out for separate screening. I told the (very polite) young lady about my experience three weeks before and she declared her amazement and said that kindles must always be screened separately.

Needless to say I have removed it since but the notice about screening does not say they need to be removed.

Can I ask, what is the experience of others?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls