Reply To: Smokers Alley (aka Heathrow Airport)

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

I also don’t smoke butt I do have many friends that do….although I do feel a bit sorry for them, standing out in the wind and rain, overall it’s the best piece of legislation the Scottish Parliament has implemented!

I do remember travelling with my work companions on our Sunday commute, last puff outside the departures at EDI, causing that annoying haze and fag butt ambience!

Then as the evening wore on, so did their nerves, becoming more and more tetchy and cantankerous……the only thing saving my sanity being the adult juice in the BD lounge followed by more on the flight to LHR!!

What amazed me was the remarkable morphazition of character from the people who I know well as work colleagues, to as soon as the aircraft doors opened at T1 …to a famous Jamaican athlete……..

Doors to manual and then it was the Usain BOLT to the Belfast Lounge, cigarette doubling as racing baton, lit within a micro-second of arriving in the strange contraption that was the smoke room !…Then it was Puff the Magic Dragon time.

I felt more sorry for the chap who I was chatting too in the T1 bar…..Already 1 hour through security he was finishing his pint before heading to the gate to board his Air New Zealand flight to Auckland……..My ears where left ringing with his contempt for LAX, and not being able to go landside for a fag due to California’s strict no smoking laws during his transit ……He left me a broken man !!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls