Reply To: Numerous complaints…

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

I can’t help thinking that there would be far fewer insults about VK on this forum – and far fewer people would see them – if he himself didn’t keep repeating them (just as he recently did on this very thread). However, since Tom has made it clear that insults will be deleted, and repeat offenders will be banned, I assume VK has a choice between refraining from this irritating practice and being banned.

Personally, I very much hope that the result of all this is that everyone just stops being rude rather than being banned. Whatever his faulrs – and heaven knows I have taken issue with them on a number of occasions, although I hope always without insulting anyone – VK *does* post interesting and useful material on here (between the more extreme pro-BA, pro-Willie, anti-BASSA rants, and the CW-is-the-best-seat-in-the-sky nonsense).

So as I said, as far as I am concerned, the ideal outcome of this exercise is that none of the regular contributors get banned, but that everyone starts to behave. Remember, it is entirely possible to disagree with VK and challenge his assertions without descending to abuse or excessive displays of temper. I do it quite frequently. People can then make up their own minds about who is right (me) and who is wrong, and perhaps offer different perspectives. Isn’t that what this forum is supposed to be for? And perhaps, along the way, other readers can learn something useful, just as I have learnt some very useful tips from various posters (VK included)

Tom, I am really sorry that this exercise has become necessary, but it clearly has, and I very much hope it works. Thanks for your efforts, and for your patience… I love the forum when it works properly and am really looking forward to it doing so again

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls