Reply To: Numerous complaints…Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Numerous complaints… Reply To: Numerous complaints…

IanFromHKG
Participant

I stopped contributing to this forum because of the unpleasantness but, as you may gather from the fact I am writing this post, I still lurk occasionally. One of the reasons for doing so is that I find the forum interesting and informative enough – between all the bickering – to warrant me looking at it from time to time. The other was a lingering hope that people would start behaving better. Frankly, although one or two contributors (one of whom wrote a lengthy post on the subject in the thread I initiated on deciding to leave, for which I doff my cap to him) decided to rethink their approach – or at least to take it down a few notches – while others clearly have not. And so the insults continue, and former posters stay away.

While on the subject of insults, I would add that repetition (by quotation) of insults from other threads is also deplorable, because it just causes cross-contamination. A perfect example of this appears above.

Needless to say, this all degrades the forum.

I am glad others still contribute, I will be sorry to see FDoS join the unhappy band of people (myself included, and others are mentioned above) who have largely abandoned the forum. RichHT1 is another name I might mention as a former contributor who provided valuable input, once.

And so I ask: What is it going to take for the rest of you to clean up your act, play nice, and entice back the many informed, intelligent, but exasperated and weary contributors who have decided it is not worth the angst posting here? Hint – the answer is NOT to point the finger at others and blame them. EVERYONE – and I really mean EVERYONE – who has been involved in the bickering is part of the problem, and has the ability to be part of the solution.

So please – ALL of you who have been caught up in this – think about it, and think before you post. It isn’t hard.