Reply To: Numerous complaints…

Back to Forum

Papillion53
Participant

MS – have you not noticed I am still here! My “leaving” was so last week!!! 😉 🙂

Anyway, I agree with what you’ve said MS – much as FDoS and I have had some sparring on here, the last thing I would want is him to leave – or anyone else for that matter, and I said as much the other day when I wrote that he did contribute some very useful information. But this continual VK bashing must stop. You may not always agree with what people write on here, but you can counter-post without being rude.

When I read VKs posts, which are 9 times out of 10 very useful and helpful, I do wonder why some get so wound up! VK can be, and should be oft sent to the naughty step, but to class his comments as “bullying” and with some posters bleating they are “victims” is truly ridiculous! BTW the other 1 out of 10 can be silly, arrogant etc., etc., but VK knows that and he does it purely to wind you guys up! but you know that too! Or you should do by now! I’ve said this so many times till I’m blue in the face. And let’s face it, some of the winding up can be very amusing on a dull day in the office! I’m just being honest here!

I have said before and as HenryP1 said, we could do with new contributors and fresh eyes on things, it makes life and the BT forum much more interesting. Now only the other day due to a simple question from Esselle, I was able to reminisce about my first job in the hotel industry, and others contributed. OK we were rebuked a little for going off topic, but what does it matter, it was relevant at the time and Esselle wouldn’t have asked the question if he (?) wasn’t interested! And you don’t have to read it, if you are not interested!

I was quite shocked to read Tom Otley’s post as I really had no idea that people are taking this forum and themselves so seriously that they are emailing the publishers to complain about others. Really? I must be missing something? I can understand the publishers wishing to protect their business interests and their reputation, but in creating an online forum and a public online forum, they have in a way given their permission for people to express their opinions in it. It must be a real headache.

Oh and LP, you have absolutely no reason to even think about worrying about it – you are one poster I would happily even swing a golf club for! 😉 🙂

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls