Reply To: Airlines Seek to Maximise Revenue – Passengers Seek to Minimize Costs

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

I totally agree with you LP…..

I have a few disciplines’ that I stick too……to try and get the best value for money……..

1) If it’s a new destination I always check out the official airport website to check what airlines serve there…..and then reverse route, examining the best value option via the different hub’s….Inter Europe with LCC can be very interesting!! Especially during holiday and peak time periods….My FR savvy pal managed to get from PIK to Alicante via Hahn for 2p return…..the direct flight was closer to £200 return per person….KQ between BGK and HKG can be surprisingly cheap….

2) Start researching dates before you actually need to commit….One day the same flight /seat can be more expensive, the next day £100’s of pounds cheaper , and then the next back to the original….

3) I where at all possible start my long haul ex UK to avoid APD….

4) Sign up to various companies and take advantage of money off codes, if using that agency..

The trouble with most things in life now a day’s is that the personal touch is lost, and waiving fee’s is almost impossible because as we all know…….

“The computer say’s no”……..

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls