Reply To: Airlines Seek to Maximise Revenue – Passengers Seek to Minimize CostsCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Airlines Seek to Maximise Revenue – Passengers Seek to Minimize Costs Reply To: Airlines Seek to Maximise Revenue – Passengers Seek to Minimize Costs

LuganoPirate
Participant

There’s plenty of talk on this forum and others about how airlines look to maximise revenue by all means such as yield factors, extra charges for check-in and so on.

Is it any wonder passengers look for ways to minimise costs and can you blame them, after all, what’s good for the goose etc?

I need to go to Athens in July and again in September. As I’ll be coming to S. Africa in July and returning in September for this function in Athens I looked, more out of curiosity than anything else, for the ticket prices ex ATH to JNB and got an eye-opener, they are at least 35% cheaper than ex MXP!

Now I know the reasons but it’s still an incredible saving so I’m booking my trip ex ATH with a MXP – ATH return and saving about €1,500 in the process.

What do other forum members think?