Reply To: User reviews – who do you trust?

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

syedislam – 02/05/2013 14:17 GMT
For me Tripadvisor is the best choice for hotel and attraction reviews. I have benefitted many times from the reviews and also through the TA forums.

I’m exactly the same, I love T-A and use it often. Just contributed on a few things too, think I’m up to 60 odd contributions spanning from 2006.

I think we all know how to get it right, just check the ‘credentials’ of the person posting. I’ve found some excellent restaurants thanks to Tripadvsior, ones I would not ordinarily have found.

I’ve never bothered with airline reviews to be honest, don’t know why when I spend so much money with the airlines, seems a bit daft! I’ve picked up a lot from hanging about on this forum, once you sort out the relentless chaff there is quite a lot of nice wheat in there.

Back to T-A, I once put a negative review up about a well known hotel and had my inbox on T-A filled with angry Daily Mail readers going nuts that I’d offended ‘their’ amazing hotel. It was hilarious! Same review also got a lot of ‘helpful’ votes, just goes to show you how the internet is stocked full of nutters.

But anyone spending more than 10 minutes on this forum would already know that eh?

😉
Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls