Reply To: An unusually personal post!Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous An unusually personal post! Reply To: An unusually personal post!

millionsofmiles
Participant

Martyn,

fine that you feel better. Your mood in the beginning reminds me very much of my situation some years ago.

From my personal experience the eternal travel, mixed with either the “Master of the Universe” feeling or the selfcritical “Will it all work out?” , takes a toll on you.
Although having real success over the whole time, flying First all the time, having a great team it just is too much sometimes: When you wake up and have to mindcheck in which city you are, when every other weekend is spent abroad, when you make an RTW trip plus work in 8 days, when you hardly ever see your family, alienate from your friends…something will go wrong, finally. (With me, it was health)
Apart from making some dough, collecting 3+ mio miles on my preferred carrier alone, what comes out of it?
This whole thing is an addiction, to work, to travel, to “recognition”, to the “success high” of another done deal. I would start again immediately, if I could. Now. Today.

But: “The last shirt doesn’t have any pockets”, you cant take it with you.

So, its important to find a balance between the two lives.