Reply To: An unusually personal post!

Back to Forum

acchaladka
Participant

Martyn,

Thanks for starting a great topic, it’s something that touches us all here if we have any feelings at-all. And hi from Tokyo on a thursday night.

I burned out a bit particularly with lots of India time last year and a half. I’m taking four unpaid months off starting tomorrow night – lord knows we all have more points than we know what to do with and my friends may have forgot what we look like. I’m looking forward to some fitness and selfish time. Most of my colleagues are envious, and now I have to consider that I HAVE NO LIFE, that is, only work so far.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have the get-off-the-carousel option but then, not everyone is lucky enough to travel as much as us and see the world business class, eh?

I love the idea of a hotel that organizes singles supper nights, and of joining a club with interchange priveleges. I’ve also found rugby clubs to be a good social network but then, you have to hang out with ruggers all the time. 🙂

Ted
(YUL based)

PS. An engrossing book, good tea, and the night can be got through. Sorry if that’s generic. Being a foodie, I like the hunt at times, and can also second the idea of a gym habit if your sleep schedule permits.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls