Reply To: An unusually personal post!Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous An unusually personal post! Reply To: An unusually personal post!

MartynSinclair

I would like to thank everyone who responded not only on thread but also who took the time to write to me via email. I was positively stunned when I turned my computer on for the first time this weekend to read the messages – all of which felt incredibly personal and were received as such.

It is now Sunday evening in BKK and having read each message (several times) I can see that I am not alone in the way I was feeling. I was very sceptical about making such a personal post, but am now pleased I did. I certainly don’t want to make it sound worse than it actually was, but I felt very very down and strangely (for me) extremely insecure, in a country I know well.

I wanted to say thanks to you all tonight. I really appreciated the advice / comment / support and recommendations all of which has put me back to where I was on Thursday night, feeling how fortunate and privileged I am having the opportunity to travel and see the world.

I will post a few more comments later.