Reply To: An unusually personal post!Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous An unusually personal post! Reply To: An unusually personal post!

LuganoPirate
Participant

I can sympathise Marty and it’s something I suffer from as well and it does become worse the older one gets, though you do get used to it and just have to bear it!

Returning from dinner to an empty room and bed, I usually call the wife. I then feel worse as she has friends round polishing off my prized Claret, laughing and joking. Even the kids are too busy playing to want to come to the phone!

Weekdays are not too bad, after dinner, watch some TV, read the papers on my iPad (newsparedirect or Pressreader are great apps) scan some reports, a hot tea and sleep.

Weekends, I will have the Concierge draw up an itinerary of interesting things to do, take a car and driver and off I go. It’s pricier than taxi’s but you don’t have to continually look for another one, they take you to the door and often help you jump the queue. It’s surprising what a man in a uniform and cap can do for you. They’ll be waiting when you come out and at the end of the day, it’s an early dinner, TV etc.

Your idea for a club prompts me of an idea I had, but I have to dash to a meeting now so will mention it later today in another message.

Cheer up, and you’ll soon be home, when, after a day or two you cannot wait to get on the road again!!!