Reply To: An unusually personal post!

Back to Forum

robsmith100
Participant

Martyn, that’s why we have whiskey!…lol just kidding πŸ˜‰

It appears we both share the same problem except my travel these days limits me to the UK and not for extended periods of time.

Like others have already mentioned Skype & msn messenger is a great way to keep connected to the family back home. Alternatively there is Facebook…. a bit sad i know but then a again lot of my friends use this tool to keep in touch with people share photos, thoughts, movements and organise events.

Does your hotel have a gym? If you are lucky you may find someone to talk to in there like the fitness instructor or other travellers.

Go to Youtube and watch clips of classic British sitcoms, Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Only fools etc.. or listen online to a UK radio station, I quite like LBC.

Tried reading a book?.. I am reading Flight Catering by Professor Peter Jones as was mentioned on a previous thread and actually an interesting read (will post a review in time) but to the disappear of my colleagues at work What is strange more people who come to my desk to visit, before they have said anything actually pick it up and start flicking through it and question me on the book πŸ˜‰

What about doing more social events with your local clients/customers (if you company’s business code of conduct allows it)

As you are in the far east, have you tried perhaps taking a yoga, tai chi or meditation class? I download some free podcasts through iTunes and they really do help especially to fall asleep.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls