Reply To: An unusually personal post!

Back to Forum

Inquisitive
Participant

Dear Martyn, please do not dispare if you are not ‘Nana’ type in Bangkok. I am similar – but i manage to spend spare time, if any, very usefully during Business trip. Buy a phone card (or if money is no concern, use mobile) and call your relatives (including distant ones) and friends. If you have not talked to some of them for a while, this is a good way to fix a broken communication “…. I am at Bangkok on business trip and suddenly saw this …. that reminded me of you and thought I call you…”. The time zone helps to call Europe, if you are in Asia. Or take a good massage in Bangkok – not from funny places, but at your hotel. Most good hotels in Bangkok have that facilities and no hanky-panky. Across asia there are many night time activities that is enlightening. Night zoo, Concerts, Drama, Going up to a tower restaurant even if you are not intersted in eating or just take a $100 taxi ride. The hotel conciergy is the best friend. If all fails, order the best single malt the hotel have and after 2-3 pegs, you will start dreaming. Best of luck.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls