Reply To: An unusually personal post!Back to Forum
Firstly, serious respect for having the courage start this thread.
Secondly you are by no means alone.
1) Skype – great to talk. Video skype even better
2) Have your wife get the important people you care about in your life to make a 1-5 minute each recorded message for you. It is good to share. Be up front – you miss family and friends when away and need them to record a fillip.
Play a few of them on your phone, puter, tab when needs be. (Toshiba S30 Camileo – great Flip type phone size video recorder is great for capturing these, far better picture and sound quality than any 3g phone).
3) Change your accommodation! Consider joining a club (eg British Club Bangkok) which has an extensive reciprocal club with accommodation network. I have found these clubs far more friendly, fun as most have schedules of activities, frequented by expat types and families as opposed to transient businessmen.
4) Make time to attend a Stephen Gilligan Generative Trance course.
It works. I wish I knew this stuff when I was in your position. I really understand where you are coming from Martyn, both because my job required one round the world trip involving 6/7 stops every quarter; 2 NYs per month, 2 European capitals pm.
Now, semi –retired, I observed similar themes from some of my exec clients. I asked my fraternity for solutions – they came up with Stephen Gilligan. His stuff works.
5) Be confident and secure in yourself to say Sod it and get first available flight home. You are valuable and valued. BREAK OUT if needs be.