Reply To: An unusually personal post!

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

Most of you who read my posts know I can be pretty direct on some subjects and am not unknown for upsetting one or two people. Many threads are about sophisiticated subjects like whats the best first class seat.

Well back to the real world, how do travellers cope with those nights when on the road things get tough.

I am mid trip in Asia, Friday night, pouring down with rain in a city that never sleeps, the hotel is empty, I dont fancy eating and quite frankly am ready to get on an airplane back to London. Am utterly bored and fed up.

I miss my family and however much good business potential there is over the next few days, I am seriously thinking of calling it a day.

Surely I am not the only one that feels like this, how do you guys and gals cope. I stay in a hotel that has an exec lounge and its usually buzzing, great place to meet someone for a drink, put the world to rights etc.

Any remedies – I am in Bangkok and soi Cowboy and Nana are not the answer – or am I just getting too old for this.

Anyone fancy starting a club for business travellers to meet. The best I have ever done is bump into a fellow poster in T5 and what a really nice guy he was.

I am sure I will feel better in the morning.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls