Reply To: Advice on Caribbean destinationsCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Advice on Caribbean destinations Reply To: Advice on Caribbean destinations

sparkyflyer
Participant

If you have already booked your trip to Barbados I am sure you will have a great time and also eat well.The west coast has nice beaches, but on your trip around the island dont miss a place called Bathsheba on the east coast (Atlantic), very dramatic but you would not want to swim there because of the current.

I have been to Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada, St Lucia, Jamaica, St Kitts, Cayman Islands & Bahamas( all for work however ) and have found each one to be quite different to the other. My personal favourite is Grenada, lovely people, varied landscapes, the awesome but serene Grand Anse beach etc.

St Lucia is quite dramatic ( much more than Barbados) and takes 1. 5/2 hours to get from the international airport (used by BA & VS) ot the main hotel area in the northwest above Castries), but travelling through rainforests.

Anyone travelling LIAT, I have found them to be quite reliable, however, try not to pack to much a they are prone to leavng your case behind (capacity restictions on Dash aircraft) that will generally follow on the following flight, but still inconvenient. They also seem to love charging excess baggage!