Reply To: Advice needed

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

My thought are with them too, Flying Chinaman.

My wife was due to fly to AMS from BHX on Friday as well, to visit an extremely ill relative. KLM were nothing like as well organised as LH when it came to rebooking etc. In the end she gave up and has postponed her visit until early in the New Year. There were many poor people in the same line as her (which took 4 hours to sort out) who didn’t have the option of staying at home.

People have mentioned the sensationalist reporting by some media. CNN last night were effectively saying that passengers stranded in Hamburg or Zurich could forget about going home for Xmas, wherever “home” happened to be in the world. This was not at all true and was just intended to intensify a news story. However, it must’ve added to the dismay of many pax and their friends and relatives. Honest and accurate reporting is an absolute must at times like this.

I’m glad I didn’t watch Fox – they’ve probably declared war on all snowmen by now.

Simon

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls