Reply To: UK TV abroad

Back to Forum

yyresorts
Participant

Hi Ardmanoch, I am a Brit permanent resident of Malaysia and have tried various methods to access BBC TV with varying degrees of success. Searching for a better way, I found your posts really useful and wonder whether I could prevail on you to reveal a little more.

I do have access to a personal UK broadband service, where I am at the moment, & have bought the Draytek 2820N. I have set it up and have obtained a DDNS service but here I get stuck since VPN is a completely new thing to me – Section 3.9.6 of the Manual does not provide simply instructions & I am not sure how to set up the router VPN so that I can access it from my Malaysian D-Link DIR655 and any help you can give in pointing me to simple instructions would be most appreciated.

Sorry for troubling you so close to Xmas which I would not wish to disturb, but any help before New Year’s Eve would really be appreciated since I would hope to get the Draytek router running before I return to Malaysia on 2 January 2011

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls