Reply To: Surviving travel disruptionCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Surviving travel disruption Reply To: Surviving travel disruption

Binman62
Participant

Hooter2009….sounds awful..can’t really understand the stance of the airline. That said I am 20 miles from LHR (to the west) and there has been little snow. Roads are passable with care and all main routes fully operational.
Potakas…..I have previously recommended Amex via their platinum card. Not only do they cover the holder but the whole family. Not sure if it would have paid out in the scenario that Hooter2009 described but they funded us to the tune of £1200 in April when stuck in the USA. In August they paid out £900 when the bags went missing and all with a minimum of fuss. It does not cover all the costs and had I been alone, then £300 limit would not have been as useful in the USA. BA premium plus card has similar benefits but not as generous.

The issue of being unable to get to a operational airport for a flight that leaves on time is a grey area. Some policies would pay out if you broke down but as Hooter2009 has shown it appears both airlines and insurers are taking a tough line.