Reply To: Travel Insurance

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

I have implemented the change to my travel insurance by downgrading the Centurion Card (£1800 pa) to the Platinum card for £300 pa.

There are some minor differences between the Centurion and Platinum cover, mainly the maximum claim for a refund on the cos of the trip. I believe tha the Centurion cover provides a £12,500 max cover for the cost of a holiday / trip to be refunded whislt the Plat card offers only £7,500.

I hold Gold cards for all the airlines i use, the Amex travel service can not offer me cheaper prices for airline tickets and in Asia, I get met at the AIrcraft steps automatically by the hotel I use at no extra cost.

My biggest beef with the Centurion card was that I was being charged a fee and being provided by that were of absolutely no use becasue as a frequent traveller, I get most of the enhancements any way.

On the positive side, I still maintain that the Amex insurance through either the over priced Centurion card or the more reasonable price Platinum card, is the best available and can not be beaten in terms of price / benefits.

I have an outstanding challenge to anyone (including my sparring partner Jeff “I can offer the best insurance deals” Rush to present a policy that equals, never mind exceeds the Amex policy, which it now is not just a free gift, but a fully FSA regulated contract.. Added to the benefits of Premier Pass, I honestly believe that (and I can be direct as most people know) any traveller who is responsible for their own travel insurance are doing themselves and their families a disservice in not applying for the Amex Platinum card.

Please do not confuse the Plat policy with the travel policy with Amex Insurance services, that is a totally different policy.

I am constantly amazed by business people who are stilll buying travel policies based soley on cost and without even regarding the terms and conditions.

AMEX PLATINUM – some one plese take me up on this challenge and proove me wrong.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls