Reply To: Travel InsuranceCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Travel Insurance Reply To: Travel Insurance

MartynSinclair

I realise that many people,myself included have suffered over the last few days with the Airport situation. I know that there will be interesting stories to tell, both positive and negative. Travel Insurance is aboslutely essential and again I raise the isssue that travellers need a far more robust and comprehensive travel insurance policy and regualtory system.

One of my personal issues over the last few days was a £4000 change fee on a ticket costing £1800 which BA insisted on charging for using a multi voucher ticket out of sequence “repricing”.

The claims people I initially spoke to on Monday, initially laughed off the suggestion that they were laible, but on closer inspection of the policy and a few raised conversations, finally admitted, the wording would appear to cover the change fee.

I would suggest you all to check your travel policy, befre you next travel, so you know EXACTLY what you are and what you are not covered for.

I am still in search of for a travel insurnce policy that provides clear, concise and fair service levels and comprehensive cover,

Contrary to the advice of others, my email address is <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

In my case my insuracne company have agreed to pick this up, but oibviousloy will be in discussion with BA. I was faced with “pay up or dont fly!”

BA confirmed that charging change fees is down to the discretion of the dury manager.

In my case, I could not buy a new ticket, as there were none to sell. A change was the only option.

Suprisingly, my travel insurance, not only accepted the claim but issued in a matter of minutes a fully completed claim form with a claim number.