Reply To: Travel InsuranceBack to Forum
I have set out a summary of key areas that I believe any corporation should consider in arranging travel insurance for their business travel employees.
Rush Insurance specialises in delivering high quality, tailored business travel insurance products for our business partners. Historically, clients have come from a range of business and travel sector clients.
Our extensive insurance and travel knowledge has allowed us to use our experiences to research and identify what it is that ensures that the Business Traveller and their businesses are protected, should any unfortunate circumstances prevail.
Our products are designed to answer all the following questions very positively:
* The business urgently needs you back in the UK for ANY business reason?
* Who pays the additional travel / accommodation costs for someone to replace you urgently if you cannot fulfil your business trip itinerary due to ill health / injury?
* Who pays if you need to re-arrange a trip and no replacement employee was available?
* Is Terrorism covered?
* Pre-existing Medical Conditions – No screening – No additional premiums – just need your doctor to confirm ‘Fit To Travel’!
* No Excess to pay on any claim
* A product that has minimal administration and a flexible approach to who is covered.
* Policies and premiums based on estimated annual corporate travel patterns (no specified names as we recognise that businesses change constantly)
* Continued outpatient treatment upon your return to the UK
* Policy limits that cover the cost of business equipment
* Who pays if my flight gets ‘bumped’
In respect of the cancellation/curtailment cover, this extends to cater for returning to your office for ‘ANY AUTHORISED BUSINESS REASON’, this is a first in the market. This extends the usual cancellation/curtailment covers, which usually just caters for claims following death, illness or injury to the policyholder or anyone upon whom the trip may depend, to a much wider cover catering for ‘any authorised business reason’. i.e. authorised by a senior officer of the business, not the Underwriter! This ensures that the business traveller AND the business can rest assured that they and the company are financially protected against the cost of returning to their office to attend to an urgent situation arising. It is these types of covers that business travellers have been seeking and never been able to find a product to match their expectations.
Administration is very straightforward, with the estimated travel pattern for the next 12 months being declared and premiums calculated based on this, with a one-off annual premium being required to provide ALL corporate travellers with complete peace of mind whilst away on business.
All initial policy documentation will be issued and managed by Rush Insurance, ensuring the business travel arranger has even more time to concentrate on the business travel needs of their travelling employee.
In the event that the business travellers’ family travels with them on a business trip, this is covered free of charge, as are any leisure trips that may be tagged onto the back of a business trip! Our product can also provide each business traveller with cover for their specific Leisure/Holiday Trips (i.e. not linked to a business trip) and this, as you may expect would be subject to a small additional premium.
Our product is aimed in the main at corporate entities, however, this facility will shortly also be available online to individuals, via Rush Insurance’s sister company, Riscc Online, from its Business Travel Insurance specialist brand BT2GO which is currently being developed and will go live in April 2010.
If you need anything further, please let me know.
Happy to respond to any individual comments you may have.
PS: If it is ever deemed necessary … then you can complain in a very compliant way and you will be listened to and your concerns acted upon.