Reply To: Choppy transatlantic flight in DecemberCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Choppy transatlantic flight in December Reply To: Choppy transatlantic flight in December

jtown174
Participant

Thanks for all your replies!

I admittedly had no idea that US airlines tend to be more cautious when it comes to suspension of cabin service due to turbulence. I usually travel with LH or Austrian on intercontinental flights, also none of those past flights were really bumpy.

I actually wasn’t concerned that I couldn’t get a drink during the turbulences. I was just hoping that the pilot would comment on the situation, at least after the first hour or so (he didn’t say a thing).

I was listening in on the conversations with the tower (which were available on one of the radio channels) and apparently the tower person asked the pilot if he wanted to change altitude, but the pilot replied with something like “no, it’s choppy/bumpy, but ok”.

I know, I sound like a douche 😉 I was just a bit freaked out by this flight. I used to be a frequent flyer (in Europe) a couple of years ago, but even then I wasn’t really comfortable.
However, I am working on my braveness 😉