Reply To: A Different Kind of ThreadCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous A Different Kind of Thread Reply To: A Different Kind of Thread

SimonRowberry
Participant

Hi all,

Some interesting responses so far!

I entirely agree with the bulk of Mark’s posting, and also Jim and Trevelworld’s points about the use of electronic equipment. An interesting safety point here is the fact that if you’re using any gear with earphones, the chances are that you won’t hear any in-flight safety announcement in the event of a problem (indeed, the volume at which I have my iPod means I probably wouldn’t hear the seatbelt sign come on…!). However, the only airline I know that actually spells this out, and explains why you can’t use them on take off and landing, is Croatia Airlines (a lovely little carrier, by the way, with a really small, cozy and user-friendly hub at Zagreb, but I digress).

Mark’s point about the nature of comments made in this Forum is apposite; however, it seems to me a long time now since we had any problems of that type. Long may it remain so. I do agree there can be an apparent over-emphasis on BA, though.

The “real cutlery” issue is interesting. SK use plastic cutlery ex- and to the UK, as they seem to think this is still a legal requirement. Finnair, Lufthansa and (as far as I recall) SWISS use the real stuff. There is clearly some inconsistency here too. I guess many of you have tried to cut an airline steak with a plastic knife……

Feeling a lot more positive about travel now I’m back home, away from ground staff that have read and ingested L. Trotsky’s famous tome “Customer Service for Beginners”, and am away from temperatures that hovered between -15 and -24 degrees.

The new Via Spa and Business Lounge at Helsinki Vantaa is absolutely superb, by the way!!

Simon