Reply To: A Different Kind of Thread

Back to Forum

JonathanCohen09
Participant

Hello everyone,

first may I wish you all, and our good friends on the BT staff a very happy new year and I hope that it will be a safe, healthy, peaceful and successful one for us all.

I thought to start of the new year it would be nice to start a different kind of thread to see what people collectively want from the travel industry this year?

What I mean by that, is for example, I would like to see the industry try to bring in some kind of global security solution whereby all of us travelling would know what to expect no matter where we are travelling to in the world, or on what carrier or from which airport. i know that this is a very tall order but maybe it is something that could be worked towards by the industry in 2010. what do other people think?

I do not want this thread to turn into a BA should do this or Virgin should do that or CX is better than EK. Rather it should be a thread where we can discuss some of the more generic issues that bother us or things generally that we would like to see improved.

Perhaps we could persuade BT to champion some of the most popular things that are discussed to bring them to the attention of travel industry to see if we as a forum can really influence the industry and get it to take note of some of the things that are important to us.

I do not know if it is possible but who knows. I hope as many of you as possible will think of good/interesting things to post here so that we can have a good old fashined debate/discussion without the thread becoming a slagfest as has happened in too many threads for my liking last year.

All the best and safe travels,

Jonathan

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls