Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated ThreadCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

FlyingChinaman
Participant

I have read enough arguments from with this BA/CC thread for the last 12 months
!
As an outsider to your UK region but a frequent traveller on BA, I have the following YEAR-END comments to make.

BA: It is trying to stay in business and be healthy in this uncertain economic time. The CEO of IATA just stated last week that although there is an industrial wide profit of 2.7% this year, next year’s prediction is going to be1.5%! The aviation industry as a whole is trying to recover their capital investment so far only managed to achieved half of it. The oil price swing is a big big concern to the future profits of this very sick industry wilt very low returns!

So clearly BA management is trying very hard to stay afloat or “airborne” in the years to come. My understanding is they got co-operation from all others departments (including the cockpit crew) to help the company to maintain this target EXECPT the Cabin crew!
I also understand that some of the cabin crew feel caught in this endless battle.

CC: I know every employee (worldwide) would like to defend their existing working conditions/perks/previleges whether it is justifiable or not in this current economic climate. Unfortunately changes have to be made by the management to embrace the new world business model no matter what and it’s a hard fact. It is not bullying but a economc necessity. The sooner the CC understands the reality instead of all up in the “air”, there may be future for these in-flight professionals.

There is no such a thing as life-time employment any more in any society. All employees must support their companies to maintain that status quo.

The travelling public: May 2011 be a strike-free year for flying with BA!