Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated ThreadCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

austline
Participant

Well said VK. The Lanson Noble One isn’t too bad either.

Qantas has gone through a similar situation as BA with it’s CC; highly unionised, to his credit Geoff Dixon took them on and had some wins.

They now have UK based crew, Aust based long haul and short haul crews [both unionised] and A380 CC- all employed by a seperate company ACA, which is now being also used to employ all new cabin crew on all aircraft types on less generous packages.

Qantas had to change quickly as it was competing against Asian and ME carriers with much lower cost bases.

Have these changes had an adverse effect on the in flight service? No, in fact it has improved. The UK crew are young and enthusiastic. On a recent flight from MEL/HKG/LHR we had an Aust based crew to HKG – okay service and UK based crew from HKG. Working upstairs in J was an Aust and a Swede CC, all on UK inferior contracts, according to the Aust cabin crew union, and they loved the job, the service was great, the same on the A380 LAX/MEL.

Qantas today has it’s problems like most legacy carriers, but they are making the hard and right decisions and seeing the rewards.None of these changes have had any adverse effect on customer service?

They are even pouring Tattinger Comtes in First Class which is on a par with Krug in my book!

On a recent flight from ABV/LHR a BA CC member said to me that WW was trying to destroy the union and in turn would destroy the airline. He also said that WW wanted to take them down the QF path but that they would never accept it. Time will tell.