Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

It is no smokescreen.

The figures I posted are accurate, not made up.

You are parrotting the very personal attacks on WW which the Union encourages. No alternative CEO would act differently from the way he has done. None.

The Bollinger Grande Annee and Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque are satisfactory First champagnes in a world where very few people actually know what they are drinking anyway. Many have to make cutbacks and especially those in premium cabins understand that.

The fact is, it is corporate travel and expense polices which largely dictate revenues for BA; they have been slashed and I mean SLASHED. Intra-Europe business cabins are at great risk, not because WW wants to have done with them, but because your core business passengers are often no longer permitted to purchase them.

If you look at the figures, BA has been and will once again become a highly profitable business in a very high risk industry. Ultimately, as a passenger and a shareholder (and was I crew, I would want the same thing) I want the airline to be PROFITABLE above all else; that permits the financial flexibility to keep everyone happy.

BA is in an industry more internationalised than most, and its cost structure it way out of kilter with those other operators; that hampers its ability to invest in its products and services, and the Union has done more than most workers’ groups to drive down revenues, diminish the service offering, and endanger its own members’ livelihoods.

Your Union is membership currently trying to negotiate the removal of pre-flight champagne in Club World as part of a face saving deal….and in the same breath you talk of WW being hell-bent on making BA become like Ryanair. WAKE UP! It is the Union itself which is causing these service diminutions NOT management.

It’s fair to say that while many were initially sympathetic to BA Cabin Crew, the more we learn about their Union and working practices, the more we see the truth of the situation.

You only have to see the excerpts from the thread “the truth about BASSA” to understand that these Union practices are true, and direct from the horses mouth.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls