Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated ThreadCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

dutchyankee
Participant

I am not British but I believe I read somewhere that under UK law, the union has 28 days after the ballot result to take or announce Strike Action. If they don’t do so within that 28 day window, a new ballot must be called. I may be completely wrong here, but this is what I recall having read. As the result was called on 22 February, that would mean they have until 22 March to take or announce action/dates.

In line with BA reputation, yesterday my mom called about friends of hers travelling from the USA to Provence for Easter and their travel agent changed their flights from BA to (gasp, horror) USAir. They are obviously not happy but their travel agent said BA would be on strike and besides, they could go bust. Imagine this scene happening all across the USA and other countries, with falsehoods like these being told. For sure BA’s bottom line is being hurt along with their reputation. I certainly hope, in line with what VK has said, that such a degradation in reputation will be short lived and that BA will rebound stronger from all this mess.