Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Back to Forum

Expat_Consultant
Participant

I find it hard to believe that in 32 years you have only been disrupted by the threat of strikes by BA and have never been caught by disruption to other airlines or by other factors.

Whilst you do say by industrial action its only BA, again find that hard to believe in your experience of 32 years and thousands of flights, unless of course they have all been on BA in which case I would say you have been incredably unlucky

I now remember that I once suffered a cancelation with Air France, due to a French ATC strike, circa 1979.

Apart from that, BA has the honours. And I am not inluding the GG fiasco in that thinking.

WIth regard to wx cancelations, very, very rare with other airlines. BA does have a tendency to drop short haul/domestic like a hot cake, compared to other airlines.

The last two non BA wx disruptions I suffered were with easyJet in 2007, involving an airborne return due to severe thunderstorms and an en route diversion to Richmond, VA, with Delta in 2003 for the same reason.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls