Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated ThreadCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread Reply To: BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Expat_Consultant
Participant

NTarrant

Why should I trust BA?

Most of my trips are booked in advance and often I take advantage of discounted offers, which are not refundable or changeable.

BA’s approach in several bouts of industrial action has been (a) to communicate poorly – look at earlier comments on this thread, (b) to refuse a refund until the flight is finally confirmed as cancelled, i.e.the last minute, by which time alternatives are thin on the ground and prohibitively expensive or worse, not available – which would be disastrous for me.

I have been caught by this myself,during the last threatened cabin crew strike, where I was obliged to buy another ticket as insurance and then BA did not strike – I only lost 90€, as I had to book easyJet, since all Swiss flights were full due to the threatened strike,but nonetheless I remember.

There are plenty of alternative carriers who do not have threatened industrial action, QED I’ll protect my own business and let BA worry about theirs.

In 32 years of business travel and several thousand flights, the only airline to affect me with industrial action is British Airways.

That is a fact, not an opinion.

If other airlines cause me grief, I’ll avoid them as well, but to date only one name appears on this particular list.