Reply To: The fattest person I have ever sat next to…

Back to Forum

viking01
Participant

Families families families…

Now then, back to fat people, or, as they say in France

“Passengers with a high body mass”

Got to love them…

http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/common/guidevoyageur/assistance/particuliere_pfc.htm

“…The aisle width on our aircrafts is 43 cm (17 inches).
The width of our onboard seats is:

* 40 to 45 cm (16-17 inches) in the Voyageur and Alizé cabins (which corresponds to a waist measurement of 135 cm or 53 inches),

* 47 cm (18.5 inches) in Affaires medium-haul business class cabins, (which corresponds to a waist measurement of 149 cm or 59 inches),

* 47 cm (19 inches) in Premium Voyageur long-haul class cabins, (which corresponds to a waist measurement of 149 cm or 59 inches),

* 50 to 53 cm (20-21 inches) in La Première first class and Affaires long-haul business class cabins, (which corresponds to a waist measurement of 200 cm or 79 inches).

If you are traveling in Affaires business class on a medium-haul flight, for technical reasons, you will not be able to reserve an additional seat. In this case, you are advised to reserve two adjacent seats in the Voyageur cabin.

In the interest of safety, if the flight is full and you have not reserved an additional seat, you may not be allowed to board if your build does not permit you to sit comfortably in a single seat.

The best suggestion is that if you are too fat for the business class seat (now that’s going some!) then you get downgraded to two economy class seats.

DOWNGRADED BECAUSE I WAS FAT !

Will be the headline, I imagine.

One thought, though. If a fat person can purchase the seat next to them in economy, and then not get charged for it if the plane isn’t full, why can’t I?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls