Firstly thanks to Nigel and Jim for attending the drinks last night – it was great to hear your feedback on the magazine, website and forum, and we’ll certainly be taking your comments and suggestions on board.
As a starting point I though it would be good to post a few points of discussion that arose:
Forum tweak: both Nigel and Jim suggested that we change the layout of the forum, so that the reply box appears underneath an existing forum string, rather than on a separate page, making it easier to refer to previous comments when making new posts. We will implement this.
Competitions: It was asked who actually wins our monthly competitions, as we do not publish details of winners on our site. We have to be very careful not to break data protection laws in publishing winners’ details, but rest assured winners are picked totally at random each month. We will see if there is a way to let you know winners have been picked in future without giving away personal details. This month we have three prizes on offer – for more details visit:
Polls: It was suggested that the poll section on the website homepage be made more prominent as it currently gets a little lost in its current position. We’ll see what we can do about this, but would also like to point out that the poll is included on the newsletter each week, and results of all previous polls can be seen at:
Suggestions for future features:
– A comparison of the standard and first class offerings on UK long distance rail services, as well as general tried and tested reviews of rail services.
– A look at airport transport links to and from city centres, as well as links between airports (eg: Gatwick and Heathrow), and onward to other cities.
– A roundup of airlines offering mobile check-in and mobile boarding pass services.
– More car rental features, for instance the consistency (or lack of) of service offered by franchise operations within large car rental firms.
– A roundup of useful and entertaining travel apps for iPhones and other mobile phones.
There were plenty of other topics of discussion which we will look into further and get back to you on, and we also plan further development of the forum software later in the year. As always we welcome suggestions and comments from all readers.