Reply To: Why do they do that?!Create Topic

canucklad
Participant

Firstly I’m not a smoker, never have been, so this isn’t an ex-smokers rant.

Just a factual commentary on cigarette smoke smell……….
Last Friday, me and my pals congregated in our mates living room for the much anticipated Rangers V Hearts Glorious Hearts football match, and an excuse to make a dent in the bottles of liquor given as Xmas present. Anyway my mate smokes, as does another one of my pals….and it’s his house, so we abide by his rules….. ….Simple, that’s why there’s ashtrays on the coffee table. .

Back home, my drunkenness doesn’t stop me from stripping off and dispatching my spring fresh smelling clothes, put-on 6 hours previously clothes into the wash basket. Saturday morning I wake up and can still smell the reek of nicotine…..sure that I had chucked all my clothes into the linen basket I seek out the offending piece of attire. …..finally I realize that the pungent reek is me. Or more specifically my skin!! YUK !!

Mid-afternoon and a walk down to the pub and bookies beckons, I put on my jacket from the previous night (that wasn’t in the living room) and start my wee trek to the village……….sniff,sniff,sniff, and sniffty sniff ….

B*******k’s ….About turn and replace my jacket !!

As I said not a rant, just a factual report