Reply To: Why do they do that?!Create Topic

IanFromHKG
Participant

Ha! You have reminded me, TOH, of my last flight on Kingfisher, which slightly tainted my affection for them (I loved them in all other respects!). I checked in for a domestic flight with slightly overweight luggage (only 15kg allowance on domestic flights and it weighed something like 15.5) and was told I would have to pay a surcharge. So I opened my bag, took out a bottle of Coke and asked her to throw it away. She was so nonplussed by this, and by my determination not to pay the fee, that she let me take it anyway and didn’t charge. Well if it was that unimportant to you, missie, why make me go through that?

Or the time on BA, in F, when my luggage was 2kg overweight and they made me pay, but not at the check-in desk, oh no, I had to go and queue at the ticketing desk (which took ages, and I was already late), and then go and queue at the check-in again (and drag all my luggage around while doing this). For two bloody kilos, and to collect a measly 31 quid, a tiny tiny fraction of my fare, and delaying me so much I had to run to the flight – so there was also a whole lot of stress that I really didn’t need. And although this part wasn’t BA’s fault, you can just imagine my utter fury when I got home and discovered my mother had shoved a present weighing precisely 2kg in my bag. Nonetheless, I would have thought 2kg was within the margin of error for a long-haul F flight!