Reply To: Why do they do that?!

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

Well seeing the earlier comments about ATMS is bringing me back to my original rant, since I had to visit an ATM over the weekend and… I can’t see half the keyboard because of the stupid hood they put over it now, and I can’t bend to look at it, nor can I see half the screen because, again, some bright spark decided the screen should be the level of my navel and the keyboard at the level of my crotch. What are they expecting me to operate the keys with at that height??? And precisely where do they think my eyes are located? The mind boggles

Again, I am all in favour of accessibilty, but for ****’s sake why can’t they make that work in both directions and have at least one machine high enough for a normal human to use, and especially one high enough for a tall person to use without contorting themselves?

This is all driving me mad, as you can imagine. For heaven’s sake, at the moment *I’m* disabled, but I can’t properly use any of the things designed for disabled people. Disability manifests itself in ways other than being wheelchair-bound, something which seems to have escaped the health and safety crew completely. Grrrrrrrrrr

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls